Ensuring The Safety of Our Patients During Covid-19 and Offering Acupuncture
We at The Holistic Clinic are following the news very carefully as well as the CDC guidelines. We want to make sure we are acting responsibly, ethically, and doing anything possible to prevent transmission of Covid-19, from patients to our Acupuncturist, or vice versa and keeping everyone safe. We always strive to be part of the solution vs part of the problem. This website is updated as new information is updated according to the CDC or the Presidential Administration. We are doing the following to ensure the safety of our patients and to follow national guidelines:
- Due to the ‘stay at home’ order in Tennessee by Governor Lee, it was only legal to travel to an essential appointment, grocery store or for other reasons as stated allowable by the order. Healthcare is deemed essential but as with all other healthcare businesses, we had cancelled routine visits and were only taking patients based on medical necessity. However, we are now offering Acupuncture appointments to new and returning patients.
- Only one patient is allowed in the office at a time for now. Our office is being disinfected between each patient and throughout the day. Doorknobs, door handles, surfaces, sinks, faucets, toilet, floors, desk, tables, acupuncture table–it is all being disinfected. We are disinfecting between each patient. We have virus killing essential oils diffusing and they are being sprayed in the air between patients. Patients are being asked to remove their shoes. Upon entering, patients are going to the restroom to wash their hands, and straight to the treatment room. The Acupuncturist is signing for patients after running their credit card. We have this down to a simple routine. This is becoming the ‘new normal’, for now.
- We are asking patients if they have any covid-19/cold/flu symptoms at all. You will be asked if you have a headache, cough, sore throat, achy body, chills/fever, runny nose or a temperature. If any of these symptoms are present, we are asking individuals to quarantine themselves for 14 days.
- The CDC has now recommended that all individuals wear a face mask. Therefore, we are asking patients to wear a face mask as well, unless they are laying face down for treatment. You may take your face mask off after the Acupuncturist has left the room. If you don’t have a face mask there are instructions online, showing how to make one or we are selling some at the clinic. Your Acupuncturist is wearing a P95 mask, which has been proven to block the transmission of viruses.
- We feel it is important for patients to be able to continue acupuncture treatment for those who are receiving benefit with acupuncture for stubborn pain, insomnia, anxiety, depression, pregnancy related issues, fertility, bell’s palsy, digestive problems, etc. This is a safe medical facility for those seeking treatment because many of the hospitals may be overrun with Covid-19. In taking these measures, we feel safe in continuing to be there for our patients.
**Please call our Acupuncturist in Franklin TN to discuss your needs if you would like to be treated or you can schedule online**