Acupuncture and IVF Therapy
Acupuncture is very helpful and effective during the preparation, stimulation and transfer stage of IVF therapy. Doctors in Nashville Fertility Clinics are now recommending Acupuncture at all stages of the IVF process because it has been seen as a helpful modality that shows accurate results for women who are trying to get pregnant. This is especially true if women have tried many attempts without seeing results, those women who are prone to miscarriage, women with endometriosis, and women who are a bit beyond the ideal age for pregnancy. Acupuncture works so well for the following reasons:
- Acupuncture helps to balance hormones in the body that create a fertile environment for the developing fetus
- Acupuncture prepares the uterus by moving stagnant blood out (endometriosis) and bringing fresh nutrient blood in that give the growing egg a nice padded area to implant
- Acupuncture decreases stress (which is so important during the fertility process) as many women are pressuring themselves. The key is to relax and allow it to happen. Acupuncture helps with this
- Acupuncture helps to stimulate more follicles (meaning more eggs!)
- Acupuncture helps to stimulate the ‘chi’ or energy of the body by getting everything flowing properly. This allows the fertilized egg to travel through the Fallopian tubes before it lands in the prepared uterus
- Acupuncture helps on the day of transfer because it helps to relax your body, balance the hormones and get the body prepared for fertilization
- Acupuncture in women over 38 yrs old is very helpful because it helps to get the body fertile again. Rather than winding everything down, we as Acupuncturists can help turn the fertility wheel back on.
If you are undergoing fertility treatments, whether you are interested in acupuncture for fertility by natural methods, are taking follicle stimulating medications, or are doing IUI or IUF, Acupuncture is a great adjunctive therapy. We typically see great results. As your Acupuncturist, I will be with you every step of the way from preparation to the day the baby is born.
How often should you receive Acupuncture for IVF? Typically one time a week. It is important to continue this into the first trimester. After spending all of that time and money, you want the pregnancy to hold so its worth the few extra visits. We also offer fertility treatment discounts for multiple acupuncture visits to make this more cost effective. Please give us a call if you have any further questions about the wonderful benefits of Acupuncture for IVF at our Nashville Acupuncture clinic.
Acupuncturist in Nashville Tennessee-Amy L. Suplee
Amy is a Licensed Acupuncturist and Board Certified by the NCCAOM, the governing body for Acupuncturists in the United States. She received her Master’s Degree in Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine at Five Branches University in Santa Cruz, California and is a graduate of University of Colorado. Amy is the Founder and CEO of the International Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association.
Amy specializes in Women’s Health, Fertility, Pain Management and Chronic Illness. She has been trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Classical Chinese Medicine and 5 Element Emotional Balancing and Acupuncture. She has a long history in Western Medicine so she has the ability to integrate an Eastern and Western approach.
Amy is passionate about her work and enjoys seeing results in her patients. As an Acupuncturist and resident of Nashville, she is dedicated to helping individuals achieve their health goals. She has taken on some of the most difficult cases, and treated patients who have seen multiple doctors who had not previously had relief from their ailments.